Krystle is a professional writer with more than a decade of blogging experience. She is well-versed in both print and online journalism with a Bachelor’s degree in Print Journalism from Suffolk University. You may have seen her work in VentureBeat, Tech Radar, Tech Times, Digital Trends or The Pharmacy Times. She is currently a full-time freelance writer residing in Boston, Mass.
Bachelor’s Degree in Print Journalism (2009)
Professional Experience and Achievements
Inside.com – June 2016 – Present
– News writer/curator and editor for the Inside.com family of newsletters.
– Daily editor for 5-10 email newsletters on topics including podcasting, retail, and streaming
Upstate Interactive – April 2017 – Present
– Editor-in-Chief/Content Strategist for Upstate Interactive, the boutique content marketing agency.
– Responsible for editing anywhere from 5 to 15 long-form articles per month for clients in the B2B realm.
– Ensures that copy adheres to AP style and editorial guidelines, as specified by clients.
– Manages Trello tasks for the editorial team
KoMarketing Associates – July 2014 – Present
– Industry news reporter, composing 300-word B2B marketing blog posts on industry news, three times per week.
– Conducts interviews with industry thought leaders on research reports monthly for extended 500+ word feature stories
TechRadar – July 2015 – November 2015
– Freelance reporter on PC news and trends for TechRadar.com
BioSpace.com – August 2014 – April 2015
– Former breaking news reporter for BioSpace.com, reporting on the pharmaceutical industry daily.
Laptop Mag – September 2015 – February 2016
– Weekly Deals reporter for LaptopMag.com, the PC and technology publication.
Tech Times – April 2016 – June 2016
– Daily technology news reporter for TechTimes, the tech news site.
DigitalTrends – March 2015 – June 2015
– Daily technology and PC news reporter for DigitalTrends.com.
VentureBeat – July 2014 – Oct. 2014
– Former daily technology, mobile, SEO and small business reporter for VentureBeat.com.
The Pharmacy Times – August 2014 – March 2017
– Daily news reporter for The Pharmacy Times, writing on biopharmaceutical and biotechnology breakthroughs.
Snapmunk – May 2016 – June 2016
– Weekly startup feature writer for Snapmunk.com, the startup/entrepreneurial online publication.
Fullbottle – September 2015 – May 2016
– Weekly blog writer and content calendar manager for Fullbottle, the marketing technology platform creator.
Slickdeals – July 2015 – February 2016
– Feature writer for Slickdeals.com, the consumer electronics website.
SmartBug Media – May 2015 – June 2016
– Long-form blog writer and ghost writer for clients in the life sciences and biopharmaceutical industries.
Resolute Technologies – June 2015 – September 2016
– Blog writer for Resolute Technologies, composing pieces on recruiting and technology team management.
PharmiWeb Solutions – April 2015 – October 2015
– Blog contributor for PharmiWeb Solutions, the global pharmaceutical marketing agency.
ThriveWire – Oct. 2014 – March 2015
– Former technology, startup and entrepreneur reporter for ThriveWire.com, interviewing businesses ranging from SlingTV to Ello.
Insanitek Ink – February 2014 – Present
– Weekly blogger for the research and development publication, Insanitek Ink, covering topics pertaining to science, health, medicine and the environment.
Kukun – February 2014 – December 2015
– Weekly writer for Kukun, the interior design publication, crafting articles on home renovation and lifestyle remodeling.
Digital Sherpa Marketing – August 2014 – July 2015
– Weekly marketing blogger for the Digital Sherpa marketing blog, covering topics in inbound marketing, SEO and digital marketing channels.
Electronic Recyclers – February 2015 – November 2015
– Weekly feature story writer for the Recycle Nation branch, composing articles on green living, environmentalism and energy conservation.
Seismic Software – Nov. 2013 – June 2014
– Employed as the Content Marketing Manager, producing daily blog content for Seismic.com.
– Organized and hosted webinars pertaining to financial services and wealth management.
– Orchestrated the development of content including white papers and reports.
Brafton Inc. – July 2010 – Nov. 2013
– Employed as a Lead Writer, producing news and website copy for business websites.
– Wrote blog articles for clients in personal finance, health, education and lifestyle; wrote an average of 5,000 words per day.
– Copy edited/peer edited other articles for 2+ years
MetroWest Daily News – April 2008 – July 2008
– Covered general small town news assignments, wrote weekly news briefs for Shrewsbury, Massachusetts.
Demand Studios – July 2009 – July 2010
– Produced 5-10 articles per week as a search engine optimization writer; 400-600-word articles published on websites such as eHow.com, USA Today & Livestrong.
Examiner.com – June 2009 – June 2010
– Position: Boston Green Community Examiner; wrote 3-4 articles a month on green living news and gardening.
GetSpooked.net – June 2011 – Present
– Owner of Spooked, a paranormal pop culture blog featuring interviews, photographs and feature writing
– Host of “All Day Paranormal,” a podcast off-shoot of GetSpooked.net
– More than 5,000 followers on Tumblr
- Short story featured in ArtAscent Magazine (November 2017), "Distinguished Writer" recognition.
- "Paradise" drawing featured in ArtAscent Magazine (December 2017), "Distinguished Artist" recognition
- Won the William F. Homer Award in Journalism for News Reporting in 2009
- Nominated for Outstanding Junior of the Year at Suffolk in 2008
- Nominated for Outstanding Senior of the Year at Suffolk in 2009