Krystle is a professional writer with more than a decade of blogging experience. She is well-versed in both print and online journalism with a Bachelor’s degree in Print Journalism from Suffolk University. You may have seen her work in VentureBeat, Tech Radar, Tech Times, Digital Trends or The Pharmacy Times. She is currently a full-time freelance writer residing in Boston, Mass.
Bachelor’s Degree in Print Journalism (2009)
Professional Experience and Achievements
KoMarketing Associates – July 2014 – Present
– Industry news reporter, composing 300-word B2B marketing blog posts on industry news, three times per week.
– Conducts interviews with industry thought leaders on research reports monthly for extended 500+ word feature stories
Upstate Interactive – April 2017 – Present
– Editor-in-Chief/Content Strategist for Upstate Interactive, the boutique content marketing agency.
– Responsible for editing anywhere from 5 to 15 long-form articles per month for clients in the B2B realm.
– Ensures that copy adheres to AP style and editorial guidelines, as specified by clients.
– Manages Trello tasks for the editorial team
The Pharmacy Times – August 2014 – March 2017
– Daily news reporter for The Pharmacy Times, writing on biopharmaceutical and biotechnology breakthroughs.
BioSpace.com – August 2014 – April 2015
– Former breaking news reporter for BioSpace.com, reporting on the pharmaceutical industry daily.
Inside.com – June 2016 – January 2019
– News writer/curator and editor for the Inside.com family of newsletters.
– Daily editor for 5-10 email newsletters on topics including podcasting, retail, and streaming
TechRadar – July 2015 – November 2015
– Freelance reporter on PC news and trends for TechRadar.com
Laptop Mag – September 2015 – February 2016
– Weekly Deals reporter for LaptopMag.com, the PC and technology publication.
Tech Times – April 2016 – June 2016
– Daily technology news reporter for TechTimes, the tech news site.
DigitalTrends – March 2015 – June 2015
– Daily technology and PC news reporter for DigitalTrends.com.
VentureBeat – July 2014 – Oct. 2014
– Former daily technology, mobile, SEO and small business reporter for VentureBeat.com.
Snapmunk – May 2016 – June 2016
– Weekly startup feature writer for Snapmunk.com, the startup/entrepreneurial online publication.
Fullbottle – September 2015 – May 2016
– Weekly blog writer and content calendar manager for Fullbottle, the marketing technology platform creator.
Slickdeals – July 2015 – February 2016
– Feature writer for Slickdeals.com, the consumer electronics website.
SmartBug Media – May 2015 – June 2016
– Long-form blog writer and ghost writer for clients in the life sciences and biopharmaceutical industries.
Resolute Technologies – June 2015 – September 2016
– Blog writer for Resolute Technologies, composing pieces on recruiting and technology team management.
PharmiWeb Solutions – April 2015 – October 2015
– Blog contributor for PharmiWeb Solutions, the global pharmaceutical marketing agency.
ThriveWire – Oct. 2014 – March 2015
– Former technology, startup and entrepreneur reporter for ThriveWire.com, interviewing businesses ranging from SlingTV to Ello.
Insanitek Ink – February 2014 – Present
– Weekly blogger for the research and development publication, Insanitek Ink, covering topics pertaining to science, health, medicine and the environment.
Kukun – February 2014 – December 2015
– Weekly writer for Kukun, the interior design publication, crafting articles on home renovation and lifestyle remodeling.
Digital Sherpa Marketing – August 2014 – July 2015
– Weekly marketing blogger for the Digital Sherpa marketing blog, covering topics in inbound marketing, SEO and digital marketing channels.
Electronic Recyclers – February 2015 – November 2015
– Weekly feature story writer for the Recycle Nation branch, composing articles on green living, environmentalism and energy conservation.
Seismic Software – Nov. 2013 – June 2014
– Employed as the Content Marketing Manager, producing daily blog content for Seismic.com.
– Organized and hosted webinars pertaining to financial services and wealth management.
– Orchestrated the development of content including white papers and reports.
Brafton Inc. – July 2010 – Nov. 2013
– Employed as a Lead Writer, producing news and website copy for business websites.
– Wrote blog articles for clients in personal finance, health, education and lifestyle; wrote an average of 5,000 words per day.
– Copy edited/peer edited other articles for 2+ years
MetroWest Daily News – April 2008 – July 2008
– Covered general small town news assignments, wrote weekly news briefs for Shrewsbury, Massachusetts.
Demand Studios – July 2009 – July 2010
– Produced 5-10 articles per week as a search engine optimization writer; 400-600-word articles published on websites such as eHow.com, USA Today & Livestrong.
Examiner.com – June 2009 – June 2010
– Position: Boston Green Community Examiner; wrote 3-4 articles a month on green living news and gardening.
GetSpooked.net – June 2011 – Present
– Owner of Spooked, a paranormal pop culture blog featuring interviews, photographs and feature writing
– Host of “All Day Paranormal,” a podcast off-shoot of GetSpooked.net
– More than 5,000 followers on Tumblr
Short story featured in ArtAscent Magazine (November 2017), "Distinguished Writer" recognition.
"Paradise" drawing featured in ArtAscent Magazine (December 2017), "Distinguished Artist" recognition
Won the William F. Homer Award in Journalism for News Reporting in 2009
Nominated for Outstanding Junior of the Year at Suffolk in 2008
Nominated for Outstanding Senior of the Year at Suffolk in 2009